Job title: Senior Sous Chef II, Southland Casino
Company: Delaware North
Job description: The Opportunity
Delaware North Gaming is searching for a skilled Sous Chef to join our team at Southland Casino in West Memphis, Arkansas. As Sous Chef, you will successfully manage and supervise the preparation of food and the kitchen team, ensuring everything leaving your kitchen is representative of the high standards that exist within Delaware North.
Minimum – Anticipated Maximum Salary: $49000 – $64900 / year
The advertised pay range represents what we believe at the time of this job posting, that we would be willing to pay for this position. Only in special circumstances, where a candidate has education, training, or experience that far exceeds the requirements for the position, would we consider paying higher than the stated range. Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at .
At Delaware North, we care about our team member’s personal and professional journeys. These are just some of the benefits we offer:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Performance bonuses
- Paid vacation days and holidays
- Paid parental bonding leave
- Tuition and/or professional certification reimbursement
- Generous friends-and-family discounts at many of our hotels and resorts
- Assist in hiring, development, training, and mentoring of staff and act as a resource to them.
- Coach, counsel, and assist in conducting performance evaluations of the production team.
- Recommend or conduct disciplinary action, including termination, of the production team when necessary according to company standards.
- Assist in developing training and training programs for the production team.
- Monitor staffing levels to minimize cost and increase productivity. Recommend staffing needs according to business levels.
- Maintain a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Perform all reasonable requests from the management team.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings and training sessions.
- Follow proper time-keeping policies and procedures.
- Know and follow all company emergency and safety procedures.
- Minimum 3 years’ culinary arts experience, including previous experience in a management role and experience in high-volume, quality-oriented restaurant or banquets department.
- Excellent volume cooking skills, presentation skills, and palette.
- Strong leadership and management skills working with a variety of associates of different skill levels and varied backgrounds.
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, and the kitchen computer production system.
- Ability to handle many tasks at once and effectiveness in a fast-paced work environment.
- Thoroughness, attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills.
- Good decision-making and ability to proactively make changes as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, management, clients, and vendors.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to accommodate business levels.
Weekends Who We Are
Southland Casino Racing, owned and operated by Delaware North, features more than 1,500 slot machines, live blackjack, craps and roulette tables, live greyhound racing and simulcast wagering. Southland is located in West Memphis, Arkansas, only a short drive from downtown Memphis, Tennessee.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen – share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Expected salary: $49000 – 64900 per year
Location: West Memphis, AR
Job date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 08:44:20 GMT
Click Here To Apply