- Communication skills
- Mechanical knowledge
- High school diploma or GED
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Job Title: Service Stores Specialist FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: See job Family codes Pay Grade: N08, N09, N10
Reports To: Department Supervisor Job Code: Leave blank for HRS
Completed by: Michael Jacks Date of Last Revision: 4FEB2020
Perform a wide range of receiving, picking, and packing operations required to ship various Hillrom parts and components worldwide. Load and unload trucks. Help maintain inventory records of Hillrom parts and components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: – Other duties may be assigned:
- Picking, Packing, and Receiving of various Hillrom parts and components
- 6S- Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain, and SAFETY
- Cleaning components
- Perform material handling duties including loading and unloading of trucks
- Computerized labor reporting & inventory control transactions
- Perform various visual inspections of products and components
- Record keeping and maintenance of various production reports
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent certification from an accredited institution
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude and dexterity
- Ability to learn and perform a wide range of activities.
- Powered industrial vehicle (PIV) license.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to physically lift and move bed frames
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled warehouse (extreme heat and cold).
- May be required to hold a valid CDL license
- Ability to work unsupervised
NOTE: The inability to perform any of the following physical requirements does not preclude an applicant from consideration unless, following an individualized analysis, it is determined that the physical requirement is an essential job function and the applicant is unable to perform such function with or without reasonable accommodation
- Lifting: up to 50 pounds
- Standing: 8-10 hours per day (OT possible daily)
- Field of vision/peripheral, Color perception, Depth perception
- Good Hearing
We understand compensation is an important factor as you consider the next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to equitable pay for all our employees, and we strive to be more transparent with our pay practices. To that end, this position has a base salary range of $33,000 to $76,000. The above range represents the expected base salary range for this position. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in the role, business line, and geographic/office location.
At Hill-Rom, we strive to build a diverse work force through equal opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job and not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law – Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.