Job title: SJRMC_Registered Nurse_C0413
Company: Trinity Health
Job description: Employment Type: Full time
Shift: 12 Hour Night Shift
Why Saint Joseph Health System?
Saint Joseph Health System is a not-for-profit, multi-hospital health system located in North Central Indiana.
Our system includes:
- Mishawaka Medical Center: 254-bed acute-care hospital located in Mishawaka
- Plymouth Medical Center: 58-bed acute-care hospital located in Plymouth
- More than 85 providers in the Saint Joseph Physician Network located across the Saint Joseph and Marshall counties
- Community Health Centers and additional points of access
- St Paul’s is a 316 suite campus for independent living, assisted living, rehabilitation, memory care, long-term nursing care and numerous senior activities located in South Bend
- Holy Cross is a 168 suite campus for rehabilitation and wellness and skilled nursing programs located in South Bend
- Trinity Tower with 84 affordable senior apartments located in downtown South Bend
- VNA Home Care is our home care agency that helps transition patients from the hospital to home and back to their regular daily activities
- Saint Joseph PACE provides care and services to seniors with chronic care needs allowing them to maintain their independence in their homes for as long as possible (transportation provided)
At Saint Joseph Health System, our values give us strength. That character guides every decision we make – even when those decisions are complicated, costly or hard. We honor our mission to care for every man, woman and child who needs us by investing in technology, people and capabilities that allow us to set the standard for quality care.
About the Job:
Our Registered Nurses (RNs) are responsible for implementing, directing, communicating, and documenting the nursing process in accordance with current established standards of care and the Indiana Nurse Practice Act. Our RNs are patient advocates who provide a safe environment for patients, visitors, and colleagues.
What You Will Do:
- Actively demonstrates the organization’s mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
- Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information. Adheres to all state, federal, and local laws and standards as they relate to the ethical and legal compliance plans and policies.
- Performs patient assessments by collecting and interpreting data.
- Develops a plan of care, which addresses patient problems.
- Communicates with patients, families and/or significant others, and the multidisciplinary team in the coordination and implementation of patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to implement care appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Delegates, supervises, and evaluates care given by other nursing team members.
- Documents nursing assessments, interventions, and evaluations of patient’s response.
- Identifies potential emergency situations and initiates appropriate response.
- Provides patient and family teaching.
- Continuously evaluates and modifies the plan of care and teaching plans based on the patient’s response.
- Provides a safe environment by adhering to hospital policies and procedures for isolation techniques, use of restraints, falls prevention, blood transfusions, and safe medication administration.
- Attends mandatory skills validation, staff meetings, and continuing education as designated by individual department standards.
- Assists with orientation of new employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as workload or staffing variations require.
What We Are Looking For:
Education: Graduate of an accredited RN program. Effective March 1, 2015, all newly employed RNs will be required to have a BSN or be prepared to complete their BSN within 3 years of hire.
Licensure: RN Indiana License. CPR certification on hire or able to attain within 60 days.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Location: Mishawaka, IN
Job date: Sun, 15 May 2022 05:20:06 GMT
Click Here To Apply