Job title: Special Events Specialist (Tunica)
Company: MGM Resorts International
Job description: POSITION SUMMARY:
The Special Event Specialist will assist the Special Events department in the coordination and execution of Casino Marketing, Slot Marketing, and Hotel Departments and facilitate all giveaways and programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
- Responsible for communicating with other departments for the coordination and set-up of slot events.
- Proper Dress (Suit, Costume, etc.) based on the type event.
- Assists in preparing final cost analysis on all events for submission to the Finance Department.
- Assists in interacting and directing departments involved coordinating and reviewing all details related to each slot event.
- Purchases gifts.
- Communicates frequently with other departments in the Hotel to assist with any needs they may have.
- Assists in the preparation of the pro-formas on all planned events.
- Assists in developing themes for Casino Marketing, Slot Marketing and Hotel events
- Assists in overall effort to establish a good relationship with all Gold Strike customers with an emphasis on our high-end guests.
- Assists in maintaining Special Events Calendar.
- Responsible for Operational Fact Sheets and correspondence.
- Responsible for registration of player in all tournaments and or giveaways.
- Responsible for maintaining scores in tournaments.
- Responsible for handling buy-in fees and re-buys for all tournaments.
- Responsible for the execution of each giveaway drawing.
- Responsible for completing all paperwork for prize payouts to each winner.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent and three years event planning experience or similar experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Must be 21 years of age.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Mississippi Gaming Permit
- Event planning experience required.
- Excellent public relations skills, ad lib skills.
- Ability to speak in front of large crowds, ability to perform in audio and/or video recordings
- Casino Environment Event Planning preferred.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Good administrative skills, knowledge of 10 key, fax machine, copy machine and computer, typing, money handling, speaking/writing, hearing/seeing.
- Must possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization and with guests.
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills and very detail oriented.
- Excellent public relations skills and phone etiquette.
- Read, write, and understand English.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly sitting, listening, using computer, telephone, and speaking.
- Frequently walking distances up to 1000 ft., between departments and on casino floor.
- Frequently using wrist motion, dexterity, eye-hand coordination, and writing, typing on computer keyboard.
- Occasionally carrying, pushing, and pulling documents up to 10 lbs.
Work performed indoors, in climate controlled environment. Employee will be exposed to secondhand smoke. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regular scheduled hours. Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside of normal business hours.
Location: Robinsonville, Mississippi
Location: Tunica, MS
Job date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 07:03:55 GMT
Click Here To Apply