Constellation is a family-owned, family-centered organization that has remained true to our commitment to providing the best patient experience and the highest quality outcomes. We believe this is accomplished by ensuring that everyone we connect with feels valued, trusted, and heard.
We are part of a diverse network of post-acute providers that offer support and resources needed to address a wide range of circumstances and conditions. We also rely heavily on the expertise of our own talented team, who continue to look for ways to implement innovative technologies, processes, and solutions in order to improve patient experiences and satisfaction. The growth and success we have seen over the last 5 years reflect our commitment to our founding principles, as well as our ability to adapt to change while continuing to treat people like they are family.
Constellation Health is looking for a compassionate Spiritual Coordinator to work with hospice patients and their families in their homes.
Job Description Summary
The Spiritual Coordinator is responsible for the provision of spiritual care services to patients and families/caregivers of Constellation Hospice, either directly or through coordination of care with other spiritual counselors.
- Ideal candidate will be a graduate of accredited seminary or school of theology (BD, MDiv or equivalent theological degree) or evidence of completion of units of Clinical Pastoral Education.
- Experience working with death and dying, individuals/family/caregiver.
- Ability to work as member of interdisciplinary group.
- Comfort in an interfaith setting.
- Ability to accept different lifestyles, cultures, beliefs, and values.
- Ability to network with community clergy and congregations.
- Knowledge of and commitment to hospice philosophy of care.
- Hospice/ experience preferred.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Assures spiritual assessment of patients and families/caregivers in the hospice program and appropriate services are rendered in a timely manner.
- Facilitates the development of the individualized the plan of care by participating in the comprehensive assessment to meet identified spiritual needs.
- Provides direct spiritual care to patients and families/caregivers.
- Serves as liaison and support to community chaplains and spiritual counselors.
- Maintains records of spiritual care services utilization and related activities for quality assurance, program development, and policies and procedures review and revision.
- Documents direct services and ongoing communication with community chaplains and spiritual counselors.
- Attends patient care conference and interdisciplinary team meetings as a member of the interdisciplinary group.
- Provides consultation, education, and support to the interdisciplinary team on spiritual care.
- Recruits community chaplains, spiritual counselors, and spiritual care volunteers adequate to meet patient and family/caregiver needs by developing community contacts and offering education through congregations about hospice care.
- Provides for funeral or memorial services for patients as requested.
- Plans periodic memorial services to meet the needs of personnel, volunteers, and community clergy/spiritual counselors working with the hospice team.
- Assists in supervision of spiritual care volunteers when assigned to patients/ families/caregivers.
- Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Will assume on call duties as assigned
- Accepts and performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.
Bending – Frequent bending may be required to care for patients in their bed or chair.
Lifting-Lifting of objects may be required. Approximate pounds required to lift will range according to the size of patient . Object size and weight varies. In emergency situations may need to handle patient’s full weight.
Walking – Is required for entry and mobility through patient’s home. Ability to enter and exit an automobile.
Reaching – Ability to reach with hands and arms is necessary for patient care and obtaining supplies.
Climbing– Stair climbing is required in many apartments and home which may have several levels of stairs.
Touch– The employee must be able to distinguish hot and cold temperatures. The employee must have fine motor skills to grasp items, manual dexterity and the motor skills to lift items.
Smell – The employee must be able to detect odors and distinguish odors.
Hearing – Normal range of hearing is required with or without correction. Hearing and speaking ability.
Vision – Normal range of vision is required with or without correction.
Verbal – Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner. The employee must be able to speak clearly when forming words and change vocal tone to accommodate client needs.
- An ability to recognize task to be done and perform them independently.
- An ability to establish a responsible and trustworthy rapport with staff by:
- Being punctual and providing proper notification and advance notice for absence and tardiness.
- Following through on tasks as assigned.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing work schedules.
- An ability to work in a fast paced environment under time constraints.
- An ability to learn all Constellation Home Care- Hospice policies and procedures.
- Judgment skills in processing telephone calls.
- Organizational skills necessary to establish priority of tasks and meet deadlines.
- An ability to operate all aspects of the computer, photocopier and telephone.
- An ability to understand and follow instructions provided by the Director both in written and oral formats.
- An ability to read, write and type.
- Must be able to function independently and have personal integrity.
With our support, your passion, and our combined commitment, we can provide a level of patient care worth bragging about. Many clinicians have come to work for us from a variety of areas and have embarked on the next chapter of their professional journey, with great results. Don’t wait and start your journey by applying today!
*Certified as a Great Place to Work For in 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021*
*One of the Top 25 Places to Work For in Healthcare in the US*
Apply today and take your place among the stars with Constellation!