UGI Utilities, Inc
Job title: Sr Accountant-Revenue Accounting (Hybrid) (Partially Work From Home)
Company: UGI Utilities, Inc
Job description: UGI Utilities, Inc. is a natural gas and electric utility company committed to delivering reliable, safe and affordable energy to our 700,000 customers in 45 counties in Pennsylvania and 1 county in Maryland. We pride ourselves on being a responsive, engaging energy company. The foundation of our success lies in the strength of our 1,700 plus employees who strive to exceed the expectations of our customers and the communities we serve every day.
We offer comprehensive benefits, some of which are:
- medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance
- disability plans
- 401(k) matched savings plan
- paid vacation
- company stock purchase program
- wellness programs
- tuition reimbursement
- paid parental leave
- paid volunteer time
- adoption assistance
This position is responsible for the revenue-related month-end close activities including but not limited to journal entries, account reconciliations, account analysis, SOX controls, and reporting. The Senior Accountant is also tasked with the calculation and reporting of margin, which requires a detailed knowledge of accounting practices as well as regulatory mechanisms as they relate to revenue accounting. The position will also be responsible for the accounting related to the company’s derivative financial instruments and may also be involved in preparing the company’s financial statements. The Senior Accountant will also be responsible for identifying and driving process improvements and efficiency opportunities. This position requires inherent leadership qualities as the Senior Accountant may also train, mentor and review the work product of other accountants from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the month-end close process, analysis, and reconciliations with efficiency and accuracy. Prepare and analyze accounting transactions to assess accuracy, completeness, and provide variance explanations for both internal and external analysis.
- Prepare internal reporting, regulatory reporting, and assist with SEC reporting. Review work products directly with stakeholders to ensure the needs of the business are being met.
- Identify and lead process improvement projects and initiatives to improve efficiencies and yield an more value-added department.
- Preparation and analysis of ad hoc schedules and statements for management. Assist other accounting teams with process improvement or other projects when necessary.
- Assist with SOX controls and processes relating to internal and external audits.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizations, technical and analytical skills. Ability to work independently with a continuous focus on improvement and efficiency opportunities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, which includes the ability to tailor communications to the level of detail needed for the audience.
- Commitment to meeting deadlines while adhering to a high level of attention to detail.
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, v-lookup, macros).
- Strong knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Public accounting experience and/or Utility/Energy industry experience preferred.
Education and Experience
- B.S. in Business Administration or Accounting (preferred).
- At least 6 years related experience demonstrating knowledge of accounting, financial reporting, financial statement analysis, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) preferred.
- CPA or MBA strongly preferred.
UGI Utilities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. As such, the Company abides by the requirements of the Executive Order 11246, 41 CFR 60-741.5(a), and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with UGI policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, UGI cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.
Location: Newmanstown, PA
Job date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 06:15:05 GMT
Click Here To Apply