Michael Baker International
Job title: Sr. Construction Inspector
Company: Michael Baker International
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Michael Baker is actively seeking a Senior Inspector to join our Inspection Team in Ridgeland, MS. The Senior Inspector will lead a team of inspectors whose mission is to provide quality assurance to ensure that the construction performed on the project is per the requirements in the contract. This position typically performs assignments under the general supervision and direction of the Lead Inspector and Project Engineer.
- Be responsible for coordination and overseeing the repetitive and routine sampling and testing of component materials for highway and roadway construction projects in accordance with the construction contract documents.
- Provide daily surveillance of the contractor’s quality control activities at the project site and maintain a daily log of construction and inspection activities.
- Be able to perform quality assurance to verify actual to contracted service, materials, and construction.
- Be able to provide technical guidance regarding construction matters to project stakeholders.
- Maintain project records.
- Must be able to interpret construction plans, details, standards and specifications.
- Conduct work in a safe manner.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in highway and bridge construction inspection of which two projects have been in a Senior Inspector capacity. Project experience includes earthwork, asphalt paving, concrete paving, storm drain systems, retaining walls, bridge elements, traffic control, SW3P, and other items related to highway/bridge construction.
- High School diploma.
- Organized, determined, and resourceful; demonstrate a sense of urgency while accurately and safely performing the work, and be able to build relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid Mississippi driver’s license and pass an annual motor vehicle record check.
- Proficient with Microsoft office programs including Word and Excel. Be able to enter data rapidly and accurately, as well as the ability to operate tools and equipment.
- MDOT highway/bridge construction experience and inspection certifications preferred.
- Experience with Site Manager record keeping preferred.
- Certified or ability to become certified and perform work for: ACI Grade I, ACI Strength, HMAC Level IB and SB102.
The salary range for this position is $31.24 – 46.88. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidateMichael Baker International, a leading provider of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management, has been solving some of the world’s most complex infrastructure challenges for more than 80 years with a legacy of expertise, experience, innovation and integrity.
Based in Pittsburgh and with nearly 100 offices nationwide, we partner with clients on everything from roads, bridges, tunnels, mass transit, and airports, to water treatment plants, arctic oil pipelines, environmental restoration and specialized overseas construction. We serve as a trusted adviser to the communities we serve, making them safer, more accessible, more sustainable and more prosperous.
We provide visionary leadership in facilitating transformational change for our clients. Our work delivers differentiating innovations and dedicated experts who challenge the status quo and share a world of diverse experience and an impassioned entrepreneurial spirit. We deliver quality of life.
We Make a Difference.
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. As a covered federal contractor, Michael Baker International is required to comply with Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, and its implementing guidelines. If the federal vaccine mandate is found to be valid and enforceable, this will include ensuring that all covered employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, except in limited circumstances where there is a legal entitlement to an accommodate. In addition, you may be subject to current or future state or local COVID-19 vaccine mandates that could become a condition of your employment based upon your work location or involvement on a project. Accordingly, Michael Baker encourages you to provide satisfactory proof that you are \”fully vaccinated\” for COVID-19 so as to ensure compliance with any potential applicable federal, state, or local laws. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.Michael Baker is actively seeking a Senior Inspector to join our Inspection Team in Ridgeland, MS. The Senior Inspector will lead a team of inspectors whose mission is to provide quality assurance to ensure that the construction performed on the project is per the requirements in the contract. This position typically performs assignments under the general supervision and direction of the Lead Inspector and Project Engineer.
Location: Ridgeland, MS
Job date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 23:07:11 GMT
Click Here To Apply