As a Senior Data Scientist in Citizens’ Fraud group, you will work with Fraud Strategy Managers and Citizens Modeling Oversight team to collect, organize, and prepare data for use in the development of fraud risk models as well as to monitor performance of these models to ensure they are compliant with Citizens model governance policy.
The primary area of responsibility for this role will be in Fraud and areas of responsibility including model development for checks, deposits, and other consumer banking products.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Periodic monitoring of existing fraud models and ensuring that they meet performance guidelines. Communicate results to internal stakeholders
- Partner with internal stakeholders and external vendors to build and evaluate new fraud models and modeling techniques
- Developing and supporting implementation of both internal and vendor developed models, using machine learning (ML), statistical, and other quantitative methods.
- Preparing model documentation and responding in a timely manner to effective challenges from model validation, internal audit, and regulatory reviews; overseeing the tracking and execution of all external and internal validation findings related to vendor and internally developed models
- Supporting ad-hoc requests from line of business by understanding, communicating, and managing model risks
- Developing and leveraging knowledge of Fraud risks and controls to lead input analysis, fine tuning, calibration of the models and identify opportunities for process optimization
- Effectively managing competing priorities of requests working under strict deliverables
- 5-7 years of work experience in data modeling, statistical analysis, and relevant computing requirements
- Proven experience working with model risk management in the model validation process.
- Strong programming skills and ability to utilize a variety of data/analytic software languages/tools (e.g., SQL, SAS, Python, etc.)
- Strong verbal communication skills required with an ability to successfully communicate analytic results, business insights and resulting business implications to non-technical business partners
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with colleagues who have a background in statistics, database development/maintenance, or information technology
- Experience supporting Fraud and/or consumer banking products preferred but not required. Examples include but not limited to conducting and documenting tuning and optimization activities related to Fraud activity and/or consumer banking. High proficiency with data extraction/mining tools (data processing and analysis) using SQL, SAS
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; advanced Excel, advanced Access
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communications (oral and written), interpersonal / business partnering, and organizational skills
• Master’s Degree Required in Operations Research/Statistics/Mathematics/Physics/Computer Science/Economics
- PhD preferred
Why Work for UsAt Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment OpportunityCitizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/VeteranCitizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.