Job title: Sr/Electrical Engineer Overhead Catenary Systems (OCS) Compliance – 90359451 – Philadelphia
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
Search by Keyword
Search by Location
Select how often (in days) to receive an alert:
Select how often (in days) to receive an alert:
Sr/Electrical Engineer Overhead Catenary Systems (OCS) Compliance – 90359451 – Philadelphia
Date: May 21, 2023
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US, 19104
Your success is a train ride away!
As we move America’s workforce toward the future, Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority, and the success of our railroad is due to our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
Our values of ‘Do the Right Thing, Excel Together and Put Customers First’ are at the heart of what matters most to us, and our Core Capabilities, ‘Building Trust, Accountability, Effective Communication, Customer Focus, and Proactive Safety & Security’ are what every employee needs to know and do to be most impactful at Amtrak. By living the Amtrak values, focusing on our capabilities, and actively embracing and fostering diverse ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives, together we will honor our past and make Amtrak a company of the future.
This position is a tiered position. Incumbents will have a position level assigned based on their skills and experience, and in alignment with position development plans. Position placement is at Amtrak’s sole and absolute discretion.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
This position plays a key role in the success of System Electric Traction Safety and Compliance team. Team members of System Electric Traction Safety and Compliance Team are responsible for developing, reviewing, and ensuring compliance to AMT-2, ET SOI’s, ET EP’s and Electric Traction Standards. This position will have the responsibility for ensuring employees and contractors follow Electric Traction Overhead Catenary System (OCS) standards and comply with all rules and procedures. Daily tasks will include responsibilities in both the office and the field in all types of weather conditions to support a 24/7 operation.
- Observe field activities to ensure conformance with safety protocols. Implement corrective action for activities that do not conform to safety and production standards. Report observations to the Director and aid in driving improvement in the overall safety culture. Implements safety work plans for the prevention & elimination of personal injuries and hazardous conditions on Amtrak property and the right-of-way.
- Ensure all regulatory and needed inspections are performed on-time and at an elevated level through observations in the field. Correct deficient performance in this area and advise Senior management when necessary.
- Review and revise criteria for maintenance and installation of all OCS
- Review system outages to ensure proper operation of OCS
- Perform site inspections of OCS work to ensure compliance with established safety and maintenance standards and specifications.
- Perform QC inspections of OCS projects
- Support division personnel in maintenance/installation/troubleshooting OCS
- Help develop new ET EP’s and review current EP’s
- Help develop and review training for OCS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management with a minimum of 6 years’ experience, or a minimum of 10 years’ equivalent work experience and training in position of similar capacity in lieu of a degree.
- Qualified or own sufficient experience to be qualified in: BMWE labor agreement, FRA Regulations, RWP, GENERAL CODE and Physical Characteristics.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and must be able to work with all levels of employees and both external and internal customers.
- Strong leadership needed, encompassing effective communication, motivation, and team building/team performance skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and applied experience in railroad operations, mechanical functions, operating rules, and divisional operating processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management including scheduling, budgeting, estimating, and coordinating efforts with other technical disciplines.
- Demonstrated skills and experience with MS Office, creating spreadsheets, presentations, memorandums, and using other applications to perform job functions.
- Must be skilled and experienced with MS Office, creating spreadsheets, presentations, memorandums, and using other applications to perform job functions.
- Demonstrated experience in all sides of Electric Traction inspection, maintenance, and construction as well as working knowledge of other crafts involved.
- Demonstrated knowledge and applied experience in railroad operations, operating rules, and divisional operating processes and procedures.
- Possess knowledge of and ability to apply Federal Railroad Regulations including Roadway Worker Protection.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management with a minimum of 8 years’ experience, or a minimum of 12 years’ equivalent work experience and training in position of similar capacity in lieu of a degree.
- Licensed Professional Engineer or ability to acquire.
- Strong ability in FRA Safety Standards and Regulations application.
- Strong ability in written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of Electric Traction Department Construction Standards, Electric Traction Standard Operating Instruction, AMT-2, Norac and RWP.
- Position is responsible for a 24/7 operation.
- Available to work at various times to support railroad operations as needed including nights and weekends.
- Combination of office and field environment working in all weather conditions.
- Travel: 10%
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
The salary/hourly range is $93,500 – $121,170 for the Electrical Engineer position and $108,750 – $140,940 for the Sr Electrical Engineer position. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, internal equity, etc. Depending on an employee’s assigned worksite or location, Amtrak may consider a geo-pay differential to be applied to the employee’s base salary. Amtrak may offer additional incentive and pay programs to recognize and reward our employees, including a short-term incentive bonus based upon factors such as individual and company performance that is commensurate with the level of the position and/or long-term incentive plan compensation. In addition to your salary, Amtrak offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes health, dental, and vision plans; health savings accounts; wellness programs; flexible spending accounts; 401K retirement plan with employer match; life insurance; short and long term disability insurance; paid time off; back-up care; adoption assistance; surrogacy assistance; reimbursement of education expenses; Public Service Loan Forgiveness eligibility; Railroad Retirement sickness and retirement benefits; and rail pass privileges. Learn more about our benefits offerings .
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
You power our progress through your performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job. We want your career at Amtrak to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging work, rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, and attractive compensation. Amtrak maintains a culture that values high performance and recognizes individual employee contributions.
Amtrak is committed to a safe workplace free of drugs and alcohol. All Amtrak positions requires a pre-employment background check that includes prior employment verification, a criminal history check and a pre-employment drug screen.
Candidates who test positive for marijuana will be disqualified, regardless of any start or local statue, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Amtrak’s pre-employment drug testing program is administered in accordance with DOT regulations and applicable law.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR § 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety-sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, the individual will not be permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
In accordance with federal law governing security checks of covered individuals for providers of public transportation (Title 6 U.S.C. §1143), Amtrak is required to screen applicants for any permanent or interim disqualifying criminal offenses.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an EOE/Affirmative Action Minority/Female employer, and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race/color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), national origin/ethnicity, age, disability (intellectual, mental and physical), veteran status, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, citizenship or any other personal characteristics protected by law.
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job date: Mon, 22 May 2023 06:30:10 GMT
Click Here To Apply