YAK ACCESS is one of North America’s leading providers of right-of-way access solutions. From pipelines to power lines to civil projects, we offer unmatched expertise in total access planning, clearing, site work and restoration services. When customers choose YAK ACCESS as their access company, they’re also choosing North America’s largest supplier of access mats and products for building temporary or permanent roads—which means they can be as confident in their materials as they are in their project plan.
These end-to-end solutions are delivered by an experienced, reliable team who place a priority on safety, environmental sensitivity, cost, and timeliness. In short, YAK ACCESS goes the extra mile to ensure our clients’ projects are successful.
At YAK and our business units, we bring operational excellence regardless of industry or location. Our culture is as top notch as our service and our employees work together like a family. We have been ranked 2nd by our employees as one of the Best Places to Work in Mississippi in the Mega-Large Division for the last three years in a row!
This position will bring financial accounting excellence to our rapidly growing group of companies within YAK ACCESS. This role requires attention to detail to produce consolidated financial statements in accordance with GAAP and accurate management of inter-company transactions. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of public accounting experience or industry experience in a financial accounting role. This is a highly visible role in the organization with significant growth potential.
- Preparing journal entries, accruals, analyses, and account reconciliations to assist with monthly close process for multiple companies
- Monitor and analyze the general ledger accounts for accuracy and efficiency, taking note of any unusual entries and investigates
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations in a timely manner for month end, quarter end, and year-end close
- Reconciles bank accounts on a weekly/monthly basis and assists with any cash needs for the YAK ACCESS Treasurer
- Assembles analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for management reporting
- Consistently provides a professional and ethical approach to all work on behalf of YAK ACCESS
- Bachelor’s degree required with emphasis in Accounting
- 1-2 years of public accounting or related financial experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate results to management
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suits with heavy emphasis on Excel
- YAK ACCESS Core Values (Integrity, Passion, Unity, Sustainability, Humility)
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving skills
- Communications – Oral and Written
- Organization & attention to detail
Interpersonal Communication– Navigate and relate with all levels of the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Integrity and Trust–Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidence; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Team Building–Creates unity and productivity of team under management; team members state that they feel part of a high-performing team; is able to improve performance and motivate to excellence; develops team building and team motivating activities
Presentation Skills–Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, commands attention and can manage group processes during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working.
Internal Partnering–Relating to peers on a personal level; cooperating with peers; joint problem solving; responding to accolades; handling peer conflict
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location