Job title: Staff Advanced Electrical Hardware Architect
Job description: Position: Staff Advanced Electrical Hardware Architect
Location: Indiana Technical Center with Locations in Noblesville & Kokomo, Indiana.
BorgWarner is a global product leader in delivering innovative and sustainable mobility solutions for the vehicle market. We are a company of innovators and independent thinkers that brings together talented employees, meaningful work, and amazing technology in a unique environment. At BorgWarner we constantly work towards our vision of a clean and energy-efficient world.
We believe health and safety of our employees are a top priority, we care about our local communities and the global environment. BorgWarner promotes and nurtures a diverse and inclusive environment, honors integrity, strives for excellence, commits to responsibility for our communities and the environment, and builds on the power of collaboration.
We manage talent as seriously as we manage our businesses and encourage you to learn about our proud history, strong culture, technologies and future vision. We offer a strong local presence and interesting global opportunities. Start your future with BorgWarner now!
BorgWarner PowerDrive Systems is currently looking for “dynamic, results driven” individual to join as an Advanced Electrical Hardware Architect. The Advanced Electrical Hardware Architect will work as part of a team developing next generation traction inverters and be responsible for the associated circuit design, implementation, and system level testing.
- Concept, design, simulation, and system support, with primary focus on traction inverter designs
- Simulation and analysis as well as support for hardware testing & verification
- Effectively articulate electrical implications while supporting mechanical packaging and system design
- Guide ECAD and MCAD to deliver optimal circuit performance and flawless designs
- Support of Power Electronics DCDC Converters or On Board Charger architectures as secondary focus
What we’re looking for
- BSEE, MSEE preferred
- 5+ years of experience required 8+ years of experience preferred
- Strong hardware design and analytical skills (e.g. PSpice, MatLab, Simulink)
- Experience designing analog circuits, digital circuits, and microprocessor-based controllers
- Experience with high voltage testing is preferred
- Experience with circuit design and layout techniques for EMC is desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- System level experience in the Traction Inverter domain
- Ability to travel 20% both domestically and internationally
- Experience in training and mentoring preferred
What we offer
- Medical and prescription drug insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company paid Holidays
- Company Paid Vacation
- Tuition Assistance
- Onsite Noblesville Wellness Center with Nurse Practitioner
What we believe
- Inclusion – We value diversity in people, ideas, and experiences.
- Integrity – We believe in transparency, authenticity, and depend on each other to deliver what we promise.
- Excellence – We contribute to our developments by seeking knowledge and sharing information.
- Responsibility – We care about our local communities and the global environment.
- Collaboration – We are one BorgWarner.
Join the company that is creating solutions that support a cleaner, more energy-efficient world
For more information about BorgWarner, please visit
This position will adhere to the Global Star Safety Program, including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the BorgWarner Safety Policy Manual. This individual will work in a manner that stresses the importance of preventing accidents and illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the given circumstance for the protection of themselves and co-workers. In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to their immediate supervisor.
Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Internal Use Only: Salary
Please access the linked document by clicking select the geographical area where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Location: Kokomo, IN
Job date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 04:50:06 GMT
Click Here To Apply