UPMC - University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Job title: Staff Nurse (2:45p-11:15p) – Operating Room
Company: UPMC – University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Job description: Description
UPMC Altoona is hiring a Graduate or Registered Nurse to help support our Operating Room! This is a full-time, 2:45pm-11:15pm schedule with rotation and on call.
UPMC is committed to investing in nurses like you –financially, personally, and professionally – starting on day one of your career. From tackling student loans to advancing your career later in life, UPMC is the partner you need to succeed and thrive in your nursing career.
Here’s how we support our nurses:
- Newly competitive wages:
- $29.50 (BSN)
- $28.00 (non-BSN)
- Shift differential: $2.00
- Title and salary will be determined based upon education and nursing experience.
- Generous Sign-On Bonus of up to $15,000.
- $15,000 sign-on bonus available for nurses with 2 or more years of experience.
- $10,000 sign-on bonus available for nurses with less than 2 years of experience
- Candidates hired into a sign-on bonus eligible role will be asked to make a two-year work commitment.
- UPMC’s brand new Monthly Loan Repayment program: If you are eligible for the $10,000 sign-on bonus, then you may be eligible to receive an additional $5,000 student loan repayment bonus, which is paid out across 3 years
- An incomparable benefit package (found to be 20% higher in value than other healthcare employers in our market!)
- Up to five and a half weeks of Paid Time Off annually, plus seven paid holidays each year
- Dedicated Professional Development Program, allowing you to achieve your highest potential while rewarding you for your experience and advanced education
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $6,000 per academic year at any accredited institution, available to employees and their dependents (plus discounts for UPMC employees including no cost RN-BSN/MSN options!)
As a member of this team, you will provide direct and indirect care to patients utilizing the nursing process, provide leadership for the nursing team, and contribute to the education of a variety of members of the staff and students. This position includes on call with a 30-minute response time to the hospital. On call & stand by pay are provided!
- Adheres to universal precautions.
- Completes annual competency validation activities.
- Complies with established occupational exposure policies.
- Demonstrates professionalism in providing patient care.
- Engages the medical staff and other professionals in discussion of patient care problems resulting in mutually developed plans of care.
- Identifies potential problems and initiates appropriate measures.
- Identifies environmental factors which deter effective patient care, initiates action, and contributes ideas towards resolution.
- Maintains proficiency and competency in point of care testing as defined in the evaluation criteria established by the laboratory.
- Serves as a consultant to other members of the healthcare team.
- Utilizes Bed Management System, Alpha, CPOE, and all other computer systems appropriately.
- Assessment: Assesses patient and family needs and documents this information appropriately in the computer or on appropriate form. Reassesses patient every eight hours, and, as necessary.
- Evaluation: Revises plan of care as necessary based on daily evaluation of patient. Evaluates patient’s outcome based on previously defined goals. Evaluates and documents the patient’s response to care, teaching, and treatment.
- Implementation: Utilizes nursing care protocols and standards. Carries out and documents procedures according to Hospital Policy. Performs technical skills safely and accurately and demonstrates a working knowledge of equipment. Transcribes and implements physicians’ orders appropriately. Demonstrates knowledge of the physiological basis for the nursing care delivery. Demonstrates knowledge of medication and IV therapy administration according to policy. Initiates and coordinates health teaching for patients and families/significant other based on individual needs.
- Planning: Includes the patient and family/significant other in the formulation of the plan of care. Prioritizes patient’s needs appropriately. Plans, conducts, and documents patient care conferences. Maintains a current plan of care for each assigned patient. Utilizes appropriate community agencies and other health care professionals in planning care.
- None (Future Grads and Registered Nurses are encouraged to apply)
Education and Formal Training Required:
- Must hold a current license to practice nursing in the State of Pennsylvania
- Must satisfactorily complete the Nursing Department’s orientation program and probationary period.
- Must complete NIHSS education prior to end of orientation period, if required.
- For all positions in Critical Care: CCRN is required within two years of hire date.
- ACLS preferred, BLS required. PALS for specific units.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Location: Altoona, PA
Job date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 08:59:03 GMT
Click Here To Apply