Job title: Staff Nurse – Neuro ICU/IR
Job description: Description
UPMC Altoona, a Level II Trauma Center, is hiring a Graduate Nurse or Registered Nurse for our Neurovascular Intensive Care Unit (NVICU)! NVICU serves the adult population requiring neurological intervention and neurological diagnosis. This unit allows the nurse to function in an ICU as well as the Neuro Interventional Radiology Lab presenting growth and experience opportunities like no other. Nurses are educated to serve these complex patients and work collaboratively with the highly specialized Neuro Intensivist and Neuro Interventionalist.
Why choose Neuro ICU at UPMC Altoona?
- Competitive wages, with a BSN differential
- An incomparable benefit package (found to be 20% higher in value than other healthcare employers in our market!)
- 100% Tuition Reimbursement for your BSN/MSN degree through approved Universities.
- Generous vacation accrual
- Plus, these positions are eligible for a generous sign-on bonus! (see details below)
Sign-On Bonus Details (Full Time or Flex Full Time status)
- $15,000 sign-on bonus available for nurses with over two years of experience
- $10,000 sign-on bonus available for Graduate Nurses and nurses with less than two years of experience
- If you are eligible for the $10,000 sign-on bonus, then you may be eligible to receive an additional $5,000 student loan repayment bonus!
- $27.56 (BSN)
- $26.31 (ASN/Diploma in Nursing)
- Experienced RN starting rate: Based on rates listed above + experience
As a member of this team you will provide direct and indirect care to patients utilizing the nursing process, provide leadership for the nursing team, and contribute to the education of a variety of members of the staff and students.
- Completes annual competency validation activities.
- Maintains proficiency and competency in point of care testing as defined in the evaluation criteria established by the laboratory.
- Demonstrates professionalism in providing patient care.
- Adheres to universal precautions. Identified potential problems and initiates appropriate measures. Identifies environmental factors which deter effective patient care, initiates action, and contributes ideas towards resolution.
- Evaluation a.Revises plan of care, as necessary based on daily evaluation of patient. b.Evaluates patient’s outcome based on previously defined goals. c.Evaluates and documents the patient’s response to care, teaching, and treatment.
- Planning: a.Includes the patient and family/significant other in the formulation of the plan of care. b. Prioritizes patient’s needs appropriately. c. Plans, conducts, and documents patient care conferences. d. Maintains a current plan of care for each assigned patient. e. Utilizes appropriate community agencies and other health care professionals in planning care.
- Utilizes Bed Management System, Alpha, CPOE, and all other computer systems appropriately,
- Engages the medical staff and other professionals in discussion of patient care problems resulting in mutually developed plans of care.
- Serves as a consultant to other members of the health-care team.
- Assessment a. Assesses patient and family needs and documents this information appropriately in the computer or on appropriate form. b. Reassesses patient every eight hours, and, as necessary.
- Implementation: a. Utilizes nursing care protocols and standards. b. Carries out and documents procedures according to Hospital Policy. c. Performs technical skills safely and accurately, and demonstrates a working knowledge of equipment. d. Transcribes and implements physicians’ orders appropriately. e. Demonstrates knowledge of the physiological basis for the nursing care delivery. f. Demonstrates knowledge of medication and IV therapy administration according to policy. g. Initiates and coordinates health teaching for patients and families/significant other based on individual needs.
- Complies with established occupational exposure policies.
Education and Formal Training Required:
- Must hold a current license to practice nursing in the State of Pennsylvania
- Must satisfactorily complete the Nursing Department’s orientation program and probationary period.
- Must complete NIHSS education prior to end of orientation period, if required.
- ACLS preferred, BLS required. PALS for specific units.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Emergency Neurological Life Support
- National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Act 34
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Current UPMC employees must apply in
Location: Altoona, PA
Job date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 06:25:12 GMT
Click Here To Apply