Job title: State Policy Advisor (BHE GT&S)
Company: Dominion Energy
Job description: Berkshire Hathaway’s commitment to building a stronger energy future is matched by our commitment to our employees who will make it a reality. Our employees are integral to our success and work hard to exceed customer expectations. We provide fulfilling employment opportunities, are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees, and support an environment that reflects the diversity of our communities.
On November 1, 2020, Dominion Energy sold its gas transmission and storage business to Berkshire Hathaway Energy. In light of this transaction, the application process and benefits package are temporarily shared by Dominion Energy and BHE Pipeline Group while the full integration of the gas transmission and storage business into BHE Pipeline Group is ongoing. Please note: when applying to a BHE GT&S position, some correspondence and documentation throughout the application and selection process will come from, or reference, Dominion Energy. If you have any questions or concerns through the BHE GT&S application process, please reach out to BHEPGStaffing@dominionenergy.com.
At this time, BHE GT&S cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position.
Relocation is NOT authorized for this position.
As a State Policy Advisor in Columbia, South Carolina, you will be in a key role for putting our values into action as you work with a variety of groups to provide multi-state, strategic direction and proactively establish, develop, and enhance state, local, and federal government relationships. Join our team to promote a better understanding of the energy industry, BHE GT&S, and its subsidiary companies. You will serve as regional liaison and company spokesperson for SC and other Southeastern states where GT&S operates.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with lobbyists, local and state governments, regulators, and company management, to identify and ensure awareness of regulatory issues that affect BHE GT&S, the region, or state(s).
- Provide strategic outreach, media, and government affairs support of capital projects.
- Develop and implement strategic state and/or regional tactics, to achieve corporate government relations goals.
- Coordinate with economic development, to integrate their activities with government affairs initiatives.
- Evaluate policies and procedures impacting communities.
- Develop and implement action plans, to ensure coordinated representation and community presence within the assigned states.
- Develop and implement action plans to address issues at each level of government.
- Advise and direct community presence for the company.
- Develop and direct local strategies and strategic initiatives for accomplishing goals, ensuring a coordinated representation.
- Facilitate meetings and positive interactions between the company’s senior corporate representatives and federal, state and local representatives, promoting and enhancing relationships and understanding.
- Partner regularly with operating personnel across BHE GT&S.
- Develop training programs and seminars, to increase political awareness and employee involvement in political processes.
- As appropriate, lead or participate in industry coalitions which advance GT&S’s strategic policy interests.
- Serve as link between executives and BHE GT&S PAC, and Committee for Responsible Government (CRG).
Perform other duties as assigned. This position does not supervise employees. Flexible work arrangements, including hybrid or compressed schedules may be available, and are not guaranteed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
The knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences that are required for entry into this job include the following:
Considerable, related experience, typically 10-12 years, in government relations, public policy, and relationship building.
Considerable knowledge of major company operations affected by government action.
Demonstrated, in-depth knowledge of political process.
Demonstrated, in-depth knowledge of local, state, federal government operations, their applications, and supporting theories.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Strong, persuasive communication skills.
Strong organizational and management skills.
Conflict management and problem resolution skills.
Strong persuasive skills, to influence results.
Excellent decision making skills.
Conversant in theory, principles, and methods of effective and persuasive speaking, discussion, and debate.
Ability to identify and evaluate potential issues, and to develop appropriate and effective strategies that achieve corporate government relationship goals.
Ability to create course of action to overcome potential obstacles that may impact Dominion interests.
Ability to apply logical thinking principles to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
Ability to lead and direct staff.
Ability to ensure action plans support regional and/or state goals.
Education Level: Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Bachelor, Masters
Disciplines: Preferred: Public Relations, Political Science, Public Policy and Admin
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
Office Work Environment 51-75%
Other Working Conditions
No Testing Required
Certain positions at BHE GT&S may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in BHE GT&S limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here dombenefits.com.
BHE GT&S is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran, or disability status. Our values guide us in accordance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities.
Location: Columbia, SC
Job date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 06:10:06 GMT
Click Here To Apply