Job title: Strategic Sourcing Category Manager – IT Consulting and Professional Services, Work from home
Job description: Role Summary
Accountable for the procurement of consulting and professional services for the Information Technology organization. This role works with several large technology consulting firms supporting multiple lines of business. The category management advisor manages the competitive sourcing process and helps our customers determine the best suppliers and solutions for specific business needs. This resource must have experience in dealing with dynamic requirements that are tied to strategic level business and information technology objectives. In order to effectively engage suppliers, this resource must have experience dealing at various management levels to achieve desired outcomes.
- Responsibility to write, redline, and negotiate a master service agreement and associated statements of work with heavy information protection provisions.
- Negotiates and executes master service agreements with technology services companies supporting and enforcing Cigna’s contract language to minimize corporate risk.
- Ensures that contracted relationships have enabled supplier performance measurement and reporting function.
- Analyzes overall business requirements, supplier relationship structures and processes to improve performance and overall value.
- Recommends new sourcing strategies, process improvements and supplier relationship structures for the enterprise.
- Analyzes supplier market rates and historical cost trends within company to negotiate consulting rate cards and role definitions.
- Develops timelines and organizes matrix teams to implement sourcing strategies and initiatives.
- Manages day-to-day execution of sourcing and contracts process and facilitates involvement of expert resources.
- Collaborates with business staff and manages development of RFPs and other selection and supplier evaluation tools.
- Develops negotiation strategy performing and overseeing detailed financial analysis to determine market and world class costs for specified products and services.
- Prepares negotiation and facilitates negotiation strategy in conjunction with the Business Staff and Supply Chain Management leadership where appropriate and able to lead negotiations.
- Monitors and reports progress against performance objectives and sourcing initiatives.
- BA / BS strongly preferred, ideally in Business, Supply Chain, Information Technology or related field.
- Experience with SAP Ariba (or similar source to pay and contracting tools) and Oracle financial systems. Experience with Icertis and other contract lifecycle tools a plus.
- Strong communication, facilitation and leadership skills with a proven ability to lead, influence and motivate others
- Strong time management skills; highly organized and detailed oriented
- Strong analytical, cross – functional communication skills, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- General financial analysis skills and experience.
- Structured problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment, with periods of ambiguity.
- Articulates potential solution(s) effectively to key executives.
- Driven to meeting or exceeding business and financial milestones.
- Ability to apply fact – based negotiation principles and tactics.
- Ability to perform total cost analysis and help customers determine return on investment.
- Ability to provide fact based advice to decision makers and oversee development of market and industry analysis.
- Understands strategic and sourcing implications of key industry trends and developments.
- Understands industry cost structures and drivers and implications for strategic position.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the enterprise vision, values and goals.
- Flex office designation which allows for majority of work to be done work from home or work from home position.
If you will be working at home occasionally or permanently, the internet connection must be obtained through a cable broadband or fiber optic internet service provider with speeds of at least 10Mbps download/5Mbps upload.
For this position, we anticipate offering an annual salary of 81,800 – 136,400 USD / yearly, depending on relevant factors, including experience and geographic location.
This role is also anticipated to be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan.
We want you to be healthy, balanced, and feel secure. That’s why you’ll enjoy a comprehensive range of benefits, with a focus on supporting your whole health. Starting on day one of your employment, you’ll be offered several health-related benefits including medical, vision, dental, and well-being and behavioral health programs. We also offer 401(k) with company match, company paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off per year and paid holidays. For more details on our employee benefits programs, visit .
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Cigna has a tobacco-free policy and reserves the right not to hire tobacco/nicotine users in states where that is legally permissible. Candidates in such states who use tobacco/nicotine will not be considered for employment unless they enter a qualifying smoking cessation program prior to the start of their employment. These states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Washington State.
Expected salary: $81800 – 136400 per year
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 07:52:27 GMT
Click Here To Apply