University of Mississippi Medical Center
Job title: Supervisor -Pharmacy Technicians – Central Pharmacy
Company: University of Mississippi Medical Center
Job description: Hello,
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID: R00027711
Job Category: Health System
Organization: Central Pharmacy
Location/s: Main Campus Jackson
Job Title: Supervisor -Pharmacy Technicians – Central Pharmacy
Job Summary: To supervise, coordinate, and evaluate technician provision of pharmaceutical services in an assigned area. To assure that pharmacy operations conform to established federal and state regulations, university policies and procedures, and TJC standards while providing for the delivery of optimum pharmaceutical care.
Education & Experience
High School Diploma/GED and four years of job specific experience that is deemed sufficient for providing leadership and supervision of pharmacy technician services. Preferred that experience obtained in related work unit at UMMC.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration Required: Pharmacy Technician registration with the Mississippi State Board of Pharmacy.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of procedures and standards for the labeling and dispensing of prescribed medications. Knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical terminology, calculations, pharmaceutical techniques and laws. Skill in use of personal computers and related software applications. Interpersonal skills and ability to train, motivate, and supervise employees.
- Oversees the daily operations of an assigned pharmacy area; supervises subordinate staff to include work allocation, scheduling, training, evaluation, and problem resolution.
- Participates in quality improvement and quality assurance programs; ensures compliance with applicable federal and state regulations and TJC standards
- Collaborates with pharmacy leadership, other UMMC resources, and external partners to resolve any system and technical problems in area
- Assist with the preparation of medications and related transportation as needed.
- Plans and conducts meetings with subordinates to ensure maintenance and implementation of departmental goals and keeps self and staff current of practice standards and changes
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires occasional exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, occasional working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional travelling to offsite locations, occasional activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, constant work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, frequent bending, occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, occasional climbing, occasional crouching/stooping, occasional kneeling, occasional pushing/pulling, occasional reaching, frequent sitting, frequent standing, occasional twisting, and frequent walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
Time Type: Full time
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt: No
Pay Class: Hourly
FTE %: 100
Work Shift: Rotating
Benefits Eligibility: Benefits Eligible
Job Posting Date: 03/16/2023
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):
Location: Jackson, MS
Job date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 07:35:27 GMT
Click Here To Apply