Job title: Technology Liaison
Company: State of Indiana
Job description: Work for Indiana
Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana’s communities every day.
At the State of Indiana, we don’t just talk about diversity and inclusion – Our goal is to create a welcoming, accessible, and equitable workplace, with a workforce that is representative of the State of Indiana population. As a proud equal opportunity employer, reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to interview and to perform the essential functions of a role.
Next Level benefits at the State of Indiana are here! Be sure to review our expanded benefit package offerings below.
About the Indiana Department of Workforce Development (DWD):
Our mission is to develop a premier workforce that will allow Indiana employers to flourish and entice businesses from outside our state to relocate to Indiana. Everyone at DWD will be required to think outside-the-box; to determine metrics that will allow for measurement and improvement and efficiencies to be made along the way. Cutting edge technologies will be utilized to help assess Indiana’s employment future. If managed properly, Indiana’s workforce will be second to none and completely prepared for the next phase of the state and country’s economic growth.
Salary for this role may be commensurate with education and/or experience.
The Technology Liaison will play a key role in delivering solutions, requiring a comprehensive grasp of technology and IT operations to understand how the customer’s business operates. Additionally, you will ensures the most timely, transparent, and cost-effective delivery of projects,
About the Job:
As the Division Director, you will be responsible for a variety of executive duties within a state agency or facility involving a high degree of discretion in interpretation, application and execution of a division’s policies and programs. In this position, the Division Director may supervise Department Directors or front-line supervisors.
A Day in the Life:
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
- Review and evaluate organizational effectiveness, goal determination, and strategic planning, etc., makes recommendations for improvement.
- Develop and coordinate plans and policies, resources, and mission as well as goals, vision and expectations of agency or program.
- Provide guidance to agencies and the public regarding applicable laws and rules.
- Supervise subordinate personnel including hiring, determining workload, and delegating assignments, training, monitoring, and evaluating performance, and initiating corrective or disciplinary action.
- Monitor agency or program budget including revenues, expenditures, and budget projections.
- Communicate with news and other media. responds to media questions or requests in an appropriate public relations manner.
- Coordinate with other government officials on planning issues (i.e. federal and/or state agency directors, etc.).
- Coordinate, review and evaluate the use of appropriate controls and standards for the agency.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
What You’ll Need for Success:
You must meet the following requirements to be considered for employment:
- Extensive knowledge of agency and/or organizational program(s) and business practices.
- Extensive knowledge of State programs and resources, public policy, and program evaluation.
- Ability to develop and/or measure program outcomes.
- Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with key public and private government and business leaders.
- Ability to identify problems, determine accuracy and relevance of information, and use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and to make recommendations.
- Ability to work with internal and external customers to assess needs, provide assistance, resolve problems, and satisfy expectations.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships, establish credibility, and influence leaders at all levels.
- Make sound, well-informed, and objective decisions. perceives the impact and implications of decisions.
- Ability to identify problems. determine accuracy and relevance of information, and to use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and to make recommendations.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
This role provides direct supervision for one or more staff members.
Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees which includes:
- Three (3) medical plan options (including RX coverage) as well as vision and dental plans;
- Wellness program (offers premium discount for the medical plan and gift cards);
- Health savings account, which includes bi-weekly state contribution;
- Flexible work scheduling options, including the potential for hybrid remote work for employees whose work may be performed outside state facilities;
- Deferred compensation 457B account (similar to 401k plan) with employer match;
- Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options;
- A robust, comprehensive program of leave policies covering a variety of employee needs, including but not limited to:
- 150 hours of paid new parent leave;
- Up to 15 hours of paid community service leave;
- Combined 180 hours of paid vacation, personal, and sick leave time off;
- 12 paid holidays, 14 on election years;
- Education Reimbursement Program;
- Group life insurance;
- Referral Bonus program;
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral health visits;
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program;
- Free Parking for most positions;
- Free LinkedIn Learning access;
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Current Employee? Click to apply.
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 05:25:19 GMT
Click Here To Apply