Business Support Specialist
Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing (Sigma) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is developing nurse leaders anywhere to improve healthcare everywhere. Our more than 135,000 active nurse members across the globe are recognized leaders and scholars who demonstrate global nursing excellence.
Sigma currently has an opening for a Business Support Specialist. This is a full-time Monday-Friday position, primarily working day shift with an occasional need to work alternate hours to accommodate calls, meetings or events in other time zones. This position is located in Indianapolis, IN and is predominantly a work from home telecommuting role, but will require some onsite duties at our office located in downtown Indianapolis, IN.
Our benefit options include health, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability coverage, a retirement plan, free parking, paid holidays, and a generous amount of paid time off beginning in the first year of employment.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for coordination of multiple client accounts, conferences, and programs. Acts as the primary contact for day-to-day basic operational needs of Sigma Marketplace.
· Facilitates all phases of the institutional order processes.
· Provides support to business to business, business to nurse and indirect sales.
· Tracks all Sigma Marketplace expenses in three sub-cost centers.
· Supports Sigma Marketplace Board of Directors and facilitates scheduling and meetings
· Takes the lead role in preparing inventory, ordering inventory, shipping equipment, reconciliation, and invoices for the Marketplace at all Sigma and presence events.
· Arranges for all booth registrations, equipment/furniture needs, shipment of books/ and supplies for all conferences attended by Sigma Marketplace.
· Arranges all travel and accommodation for all conferences attended by Sigma Marketplace as per travel policy
· Provide support directly and indirectly for Sigma events which includes but is not limited to ordering merchandise and attendance at Sigma events, as needed.
· Support Sales Specialist with sales and adoptions: coordination between customers; establishing & maintaining customer relationships, assist with scheduling of sales meetings, assist with gathering of sales leads, follow-up on general leads, assist with processing of orders, interact with customers on a regular basis to ensure customer satisfaction
· Support eCommerce Website Specialist with running report on sales, and statistics pertinent to department/organizational goals utilizing platforms such as Acumen/Netforum/NOP/NCR Silver.
· Support Sigma Marketplace Manager; manage calendar; schedule meetings, compile meeting minutes, and other duties as assigned.
· Monitor and respond to customer concerns and escalate to appropriate department for resolution.
· Collaborate interdepartmentally as needed and directed by Marketplace Manager.
· Assist other Marketplace team members as needed.
· Minimal travel required.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
· 3-5 years business/administrative experience required
· Excellent attention to detail, strong time management, and organizational skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work with staff across multiple departments
· Ability to work with budgets and create spreadsheets
· Proficient use of Microsoft applications and databases
Sigma is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $36,000.00 – $40,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- What is your salary requirement?
- Administrative: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location