Select Specialty Hospital - Belhaven 3.4★
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Telemetry Technician/Monitor Technician
Sign On Bonus: $2500
Hours: Full Time 12 Hour Shift-Nights
Pay: $17.00 per hour +
Pay based on years of experience.
Competitive shift differentials for nights and weekends
Location: Select Specialty Hospital Belhaven
Why work for Select Specialty / Regency Hospitals? We are committed to your growth and success!
- Clinical Advancement Programs with bonus incentives
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
You will assume responsibility for continuously watching and ensuring appropriate and timely responses to alarms. Verifying correct identification of basic rhythms, lethal rhythms and artifact; maintaining EKG monitor alarms and responding to all alarms as needed.
- Continuously observing all monitors assigned and responding to alarms promptly and appropriately.
- Completing EKG interpretations including: rate, regularity, PRI, QRS, QTI, QTc, ST segment, wave form alterations, and rhythm interpretation.
- Ensuring strip interpretations are validated by RN.
- Must complete and pass EKG class for Monitor Techs and required competencies on education platform within 30 days of start date in position and pass other tests/competencies as required by Select Medical.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred background as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)*, Licensed Paramedic or RN nursing student with EKG training (*LPNs are limited to working as telemetry tech only.)
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors – celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
We’d love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.