British American Tobacco
Job title: Territory Manager – Mississippi
Company: British American Tobacco
Job description: To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be the change!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A TERRITORY MANAGER:
SENIORITY LEVEL: Entry Level
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Senior Division Manager
Number of Direct Reports
Internal – Division and regional teams
External – Retail business owners, retail managers and other key decision-makers at retail customers.
Local OR Regional
~ 5 days per week, up to 200 miles per day, and occasional overnights
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Achieves commercial sales and growth objectives within territory assignment in support of Division, Region, and Company goals.
- Develops a local strategy and business plan for meeting individualized territory objectives, including identifying, analysing, prioritizing, and targeting existing and potential retail outlets within geographic territory for product sales opportunities.
- Develops strategy for product and POS material placements to optimize sales and market visibility.
- Achieve customer/consumer engagement skills certification and consistently demonstrate mastery within Territory.
- Builds client willingness and capability to collaborate with the Company on key business fundamentals and drivers to accelerate the transformation of the tobacco industry, and to increase market share.
- Develops and maintains business relationships with local chains and distributors to increase sales and promote Reynolds brands through personal correspondence and influence, retail visits and presentations.
- Sell/execute the 5Ps of presence, pricing, promotion, product, and personal selling to customers and adult nicotine consumers.
- Analyses territory to identify and negotiate contracts with new retail customer opportunities.
- Collaborates with Division Manager on territory-specific customer and sales planning, company product initiatives, and improving market share within the territory.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you consider yourself a self-starter who gets things done and enjoys growing brands through building relationships?
- Are you hungry for responsibility, accountability, and a chance to make an impact?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Has committed to personal and professional development
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- Geographically mobile/ Ability to travel frequently
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to communicate with and engage retail customers and adult nicotine consumers in person
- Effective influencing, sales, negotiation, and marketing skills
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Project Management Skills
- Good business judgment
- Leadership, self-motivation, and initiative
- Has a high level of persistence, resilience, and results orientation
- Conflict management and problem-solving for mutually beneficial results
- Strategic and financial acumen to enable the identification, evaluation, and action against business growth
- Ability to drive up to 200 miles per day
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and safe driving records
Physical Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to lift to 30 lbs.
- Ability to climb and work from heights ranging from 9 to 12 feet
- Ability to access and work in limited and confined spaces
- Ability to visually inspect and manipulate merchandise and advertising displays
- Ability to frequently stoop, kneel and crouch
Education / Qualifications / Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience preferred
- Previous experience in a marketing-focused role – preferably in sales, field market or business to business
- Demonstrated ability to perform TM role successfully
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
SALARY AND BENEFITS OVERVIEW
- Annual Salary: $64,900
- Bonus Target: 20%
The following is a general summary of the competitive compensation and benefit plans we offer:
- Company vehicle for eligible employees
- Mobile phone allowance for eligible employees
- Tuition reimbursement and student loan support
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation.
- Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Company contributes an additional three percent to 401(k) whether employee participates or not
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, and prescription drugs)
- Extensive training opportunities
- Health Savings Account start-up contribution for employees who elect the high deductible health plan
- Flexible spending accounts for both Health Care and Dependent Care allowing employee to use pre-tax dollars to pay for qualified expenses during the calendar year
- Employee assistance program offering 8 free counselling sessions, per issue, each calendar year for employees and their dependents
- Company paid life insurance of 1x annual base pay ($50,000 minimum)
- Company paid accidental death or dismemberment insurance of 2x annual base pay ($50,000 minimum)
- Voluntary insurances offered at group rates: employee and dependent life insurance, AD&D insurance, critical illness, accident coverage, disability buy-up, and auto & home insurance
- Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Free confidential personal financial counselling service
- A charitable giving matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Free Health Coaching and Virtual Fitness Coaching
- Healthcare concierge service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Paid Leave:
- Sick and Personal Time (employees may be excused with pay for brief absences)
- Vacation (15 days (pro-rated days during first year of service))
- Holidays (Nine company recognized and two annual personal holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion)
- Paid Parental Leave + temporary reduced work schedule opportunity
- Funeral Leave
- Short-Term Disability Leave
- Long-Term Disability Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- Military Leave
- Released Time for Children’s Education
- Community Outreach Leave
- Other paid leave benefits, as required by state or local law
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility, and creativity for motivated employees who want to grow their careers. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences, and talents to improve the company’s potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc.and its affiliated companies are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at
Expected salary: $64900 per year
Location: Jackson, MS
Job date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 07:15:46 GMT
Click Here To Apply