Find Your Opportunity!
Dollar General is now hiring for our Distribution Center coming soon to Blair, NE!
TRAILER MAINTENANCE MANAGER
Relocation assistance available
Dollar General offers a great relocation package, exceptional opportunities for advancement, competitive pay and benefits including tuition-free degree and secondary education programs to you and your immediate family.
To apply, please reference Req ID# 249578 in the subject line of the email.
- Manages multi-site fleet maintenance operations and leads fleet maintenance team members to deliver results that include, among other things, preventative maintenance, safety compliance, and trailer and cab maintenance.
- Manages company tailer assets and repair inventory. Develops strategies to increase dedicated fleet efficiency to support on time delivery results.
- Develops relationships with all Transportation Managers and drivers to ensure any concerns are addressed and there are consistent processes across assigned locations to support timely repairs and training on preventative maintenance expectations.
- Directs the work of fleet repair mechanics ensuring that safety, quality, and productivity standards are maintained. Manages daily vehicle work orders to ensure timely repair. Determines action to be taken on hostling truck and trailer breakdowns. Handles road accident clean-ups and recovery of vehicles. Oversees the clean-up of all hazardous waste material spills. Responsible for the sanitation and physical condition of the repair facility. Manages the department operating budget and cost.
- Tours garage area on a routine basis to ensure that work is being done correctly. Responds to questions promptly and provides assistance when necessary. Maintains vendor network for road breakdowns. Ensures fleet DOT compliance and completion of scheduled preventive maintenance.
- Assists with the training of new fleet mechanics. Assists with optimizing parts inventory control. Establishes vendor relationships to obtain the most reasonable parts purchase prices for the distribution center. Responsible for sanitation and physical condition of repair facility.
- Manages safety by adhering to Federal, State, local, and organizational rules and regulations.
- Promotes a culture of safety by evaluating the safety performance of all employees and ensuring proper safety measures are in place and addressing any concerns/issues in a timely manner.
- Provides ad-hoc reporting, analysis, and project participation for the Outbound Operations team that includes, among other things, the development of scorecards for specific key performance indicators, analysis of the data and implementation of new ideas and processes.
- Understanding of federal, state and local regulations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to use Microsoft word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Ability to use trailer maintenance management software packages
- Ability to develop required trailer repair mechanic skill sets
- Experience with trailer refrigeration is preferred
- High school education or equivalent required. Five years of experience in maintenance for fleet facilities.
- Exposed to various climatic conditions of extreme heat or cold
- Walking long distances
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Exposure to noise
About Dollar General Corporation
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day! by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 18,130 stores in 46 states as of January 22, 2022. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America’s most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg’s, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at dollargeneral.com.
Serving others is our mission. Make it yours.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relocation assistance
Work Location: Multiple Locations