Job title: Transportation Community Relations Coordinator 1
Company: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Job description: THE POSITION
PennDOT is seeking a highly motivated individual who possesses superior communication skills to carry out promotional efforts on behalf of the District 12 Press Office. These skills are imperative to ensure essential information is communicated to the motoring public. If you enjoy providing excellent customer service, come join our team today!
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The TCRC1 assists the Transportation Community Relations Coordinator 2 (TCRC2) with the operation of the District 12 Press Office and assists the Program Analyst 3 with District business performance efforts. The TCRC1 plays a key role in communicating information throughout southwestern Pennsylvania and in the District’s customer service efforts. Additionally, the TCRC1 supports and communicates Lean continuous process improvement projects and ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System efforts.
The TCRC1 serves the District communication efforts by handling public inquiries, disseminating public information, keeping media members informed of PennDOT activities, providing the motoring public with advance notice of roadway repair and replacement projects, and coordinating public events, in addition to a myriad of other duties. The TCRC1 serves as an “early warning” system to alert the District’s top management and Central Press Office to potential problems.
In this position, you will administer the release of important information through writing and disseminating news releases and informational materials to inform the media and general public of transportation projects that will impact the motoring public in the Southwestern Pennsylvania region. As the Transportation Community Relations Coordinator 1, you will be an important member of the Communications team by researching information and handling inquiries from the general public, elected officials and their staffs, and the media. You will often interact with a variety of internal and external customers to successfully complete the job duties of this position.
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment.
- Work hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday, with 1 hour lunch.
- Telework: You may have the opportunity to work from home (telework) part-time up to 2 days a week. Telework on Monday & Friday. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Uniontown.
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- Two years of public relations work experience promoting programs through the mass media, or community organizing experience; and a bachelor’s degree; or
- An equivalent combination of experience and training.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Learn more about our Total Rewards by watching this short !
Health & Wellness
We offer multiple health plans so our employees can choose what works best for themselves and their families. Our comprehensive benefits package includes health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
Compensation & Financial Planning
We invest in our employees by providing competitive wages and encouraging financial wellness by offering multiple ways to save money and ensure peace of mind including multiple retirement and investment plan options.
We know there’s more to life than just work! Our generous paid leave benefits include paid vacation, paid sick leave, six weeks of paid parental leave, military leave, and paid time off for most major U.S. holidays, as well as flexible work schedules and work-from-home opportunities.*
Values and Culture
We believe in the work we do and provide continual opportunities for our employees to grow and contribute to the greater good. As one of the largest employers in the state, we provide opportunities for internal mobility, professional development, and the opportunity to give back by participating in workplace charitable giving.
Sometimes, it is the little “extras” that make a big difference. Our employees receive special employee-only discounts and rates on a variety of services and memberships.
For more information on all of these Total Rewards benefits, please visit and click on the benefits box.
*Eligibility rules apply.
Expected salary: $46318 – 70416 per year
Location: Uniontown, PA
Job date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 07:41:17 GMT
Click Here To Apply