Job title: (USA) Senior Manager I, Quality Assurance
Job description: Position Summary…
What you’ll do…
Senior Manager I – Food Quality
- Team Overview
- The Global Sourcing Quality team consists of 23 multicultural colleagues located around the world.
- This team supports Food, Consumables and Health & Wellness. This specific role is for Food Quality and is based in Bentonville, Arkansas.
- The associates on this team are passionate and smart with a history of creative problem solving and high standards.
- Our goal is to provide safe, high quality food at a value for our customers and members.
- Why should you choose this position over a similar one?
- Working with the Global Quality team is a fun and dynamic experience. This associate will execute and learn about food quality while interacting with business partners and suppliers in the US and across the globe.
- This associate will be working with international and domestic markets/suppliers and will be representing Quality at origin and for our consumers worldwide.
- The associate in the role will have the opportunity to expand and grow across categories and even across functional groups within Walmart.
- What is special/cool/unique about this role?
- The associate in this role will work on projects from the very beginning of an item lifecycle (a mere idea or concept) until it is in our stores and purchased by Walmart shoppers. This involves vetting potential suppliers who can partner with Walmart to manufacture our items, collaborating with suppliers to confirm their programs meet our quality standards, partnering with suppliers and cross functional teams during commercialization, and quality maintenance over the lifecycle of the item. Rarely can individuals get exposure like this from beginning to end of the product life cycle.
- Primary responsibilities/accountabilities for this role
- Vetting potential suppliers to ensure they meet Walmart quality requirements.
- Onboarding new suppliers into Walmart systems and processes.
- Evaluating private brand items to confirm adherence to specifications.
- Partnering with suppliers when product issues occur, initiating CAPAs and working with suppliers to find resolution.
- This is a hands-on role. One day the associate may be reviewing supplier quality issues and the next day they could be visiting a supplier to tour facilities.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related science/culinary field
- Strengths: Organization, initiative taker, excellent communication, flexibility in task assignment, ability to switch gears quickly
- Experience in food Quality
TOP 3 MUST-HAVES FOR THIS ROLE
1. Technical degree (science, agriculture, food science or hospitality focused)
2. Quality Assurance Experience
3. Flexibility, Can-do attitude, Team Player
TOP 3 NICE-TO-HAVES FOR THIS ROLE
Experience working in Food Manufacturing Experience in fresh foods. For example: bakery, protein and RTE/RTC foods. CAPA Process Experience
- Benefits and Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(K) match, stock purchase plan, paid parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, or related field and 3 years’ experience in training, quality, product development, or related area OR 5 years’ experience in training, quality, product development, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Customer Service, Supervising Associates, Training and Development
Masters: Business Administration
Six Sigma Black Belt – Certification, Six Sigma Green Belt – Certification
Primary Location… 702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Location: Bentonville, AR
Job date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 08:28:12 GMT
Click Here To Apply