Job title: Utility Plant Supervisor – Selinsgrove Center
Company: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Job description: THE POSITION
Selinsgrove Center is seeking a dedicated and hard working individual with supervisory skills to fill a Utility Plant Supervisor position. If you have experience in the operation, maintenance and repair of sawdust, gas and oil-fired boilers, apply today.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The employee in this position is responsible and accountable for managing, supervising and directing the entire operation of the Power Plant.
Additional details regarding the duties of this position may be found in the .
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- The Department of Human Services provides excellent benefits, pay increases, paid leave and holidays, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
- Full-time employment.
- Work hours are 7:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday – Friday, with 30-minute lunch.
- Hours may change based on operational needs.
- Overtime: As needed.
- Travel: As needed.
- FREE PARKING!
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Please check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
QUALIFICATIONS: In compliance with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requirements, if you are selected for this position, you must show, at the time of hire, verification that you have received either a single-dose COVID-19 vaccination, or both doses of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination, unless you are exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination due to an ADA or religious accommodation. If you fail or refuse to show the required verification at the time of hire, and you have not received an exemption from the CMS vaccination requirements, your employment will be terminated.
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- Two years of experience as a Utility Plant Operator 2; or
- Four years of experience performing semi-skilled work in the operation,
maintenance, and repair of industrial, commercial, or institutional boiler plant
systems and related equipment; or * An equivalent combination of experience and training.
- You must pass the test to meet the Minimum Experience and Training Requirements.
- You must meet the
. For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the and click on Residency. * You must be able to perform essential job functions.
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
Failure to comply with the above application requirements may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
- Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to
and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at .
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
- You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
Learn more about our Total Rewards by watching this short !
Health & Wellness
We offer multiple health plans so our employees can choose what works best for themselves and their families. Our comprehensive benefits package includes health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
Compensation & Financial Planning
We invest in our employees by providing competitive wages and encouraging financial wellness by offering multiple ways to save money and ensure peace of mind including multiple retirement and investment plan options.
We know there’s more to life than just work! Our generous paid leave benefits include paid vacation, paid sick leave, six weeks of paid parental leave, military leave, and paid time off for most major U.S. holidays, as well as flexible work schedules and work-from-home opportunities.*
Values and Culture
We believe in the work we do and provide continual opportunities for our employees to grow and contribute to the greater good. As one of the largest employers in the state, we provide opportunities for internal mobility, professional development, and the opportunity to give back by participating in workplace charitable giving.
Sometimes, it is the little “extras” that make a big difference. Our employees receive special employee-only discounts and rates on a variety of services and memberships.
For more information on all of these Total Rewards benefits, please visit and click on the benefits box.
*Eligibility rules apply.
Expected salary: $49406 – 75110 per year
Location: Selinsgrove, PA
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 07:58:18 GMT
Click Here To Apply