Job title: Valuation Associate – Mississippi Remote
Company: BGC Partners
Job description: Newmark Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: NMRK), together with its subsidiaries (“Newmark”),is a world leader in commercial real estate, seamlessly powering every phase of the property life cycle. Newmark’s comprehensive suite of services and products is uniquely tailored to each client, from owners to occupiers, investors to founders, and startups to blue-chip companies. Combining the platform’s global reach with market intelligence in both established and emerging property markets, Newmark provides superior service to clients across the industry spectrum. Newmark generated revenues in excess of $2.9 billion for the year ending December 31, 2021. Newmark’s company-owned offices, together with its business partners, operate from approximately 160 offices with over 6,200 professionals around the world. To learn more, visit nmrk.com or follow @newmark.
JOB DESCRIPTION (Valuation Associate) :
Under supervision and oversight, prepares sections of the appraisal report for the purposes of dispute resolution, mortgage underwriting, acquisition/disposition, portfolio analysis and estate purposes as well as other intended uses. Evolves into writing complete appraisal reports, with independent thinking to develop rational, supported assumptions and conclusions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
- Responsible for the aggregation, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of complex appraisal related market data through internal and outside sources.
- Responsible for the collection and initial analysis of specific property information including but not limited to leases, rent rolls and financial statements.
- Inspect properties as part of the valuation process with senior staff member and will be able to inspect on own depending on knowledge of property type/market and on state and client requirements.
- Develop skills through the guidance of senior staff members to complete the valuation sections of the appraisal reports including the highest and best use analysis.
- Develop into preparing complete appraisal reports under the direct supervision of state certified general appraisers.
- Participate with senior staff members in completing formal rebuttal or review response letters.
- Participates in client meetings.
- Participate in coursework of 2 to 4 classes to obtain state appraisal license.
- Maintain knowledge of current government regulations, zoning laws and appraisal standards.
- Understands all necessary software programs used within the department.
- Maintain familiarity with necessary data sources.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS , EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in real estate or other related subjects such as economics and finance. Preference is given to MS or MBA in real estate
- Minimum 1-3 years professional experience in real estate analysis, market research or related field.
- Knowledge of Argus a plus.
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS : Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Job date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 23:59:27 GMT
Click Here To Apply