Job title: Virtual Designer
Company: Gaylor inc.
Job description: Location: Noblesville, Indiana
Req ID: 3553
Responsibilities encompass the general aspects of virtual drafting that determine the most appropriate drawings and diagrams that accurately communicate the intended design clearly, effectively and timely.
- Uses Gaylor Performance Values as tools to carry out all job responsibilities.
- Works independently or in a team to meet Company goals or department work objectives.
- Exhibits the ability to review and comprehend a set of project documents and drawings.
- May work with others Virtual Designers to ensure proper drawings / points are inputted into Trimble equipment.
- Manages / determines the required points in the field for installations.
- Organizes and prioritizes workload to meet deadlines.
- Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings, and coordinates related arrangements.
- May attend project design meetings with Owner, Architects and Project Managers along with department meetings and conferences.
- Develops personal knowledge and awareness of current market trends.
- Maintains appropriate records, design files, documentation, etc.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all information.
- Update drawings as needed for projects.
- Copy and coordinate drawing reproductions for office and field personnel needs as well as external users in a timely manner.
- Review activities with the design team once each area of the project is laid out. .
- Coordinate with Mechanical, Fire Protection and Special System Contractors.
- Interact with and resolve problems for field personnel on design and installation issues.
- Provide solutions to questions from office and field personnel.
- Interpret and prepare project ‘Record Drawings’ from field personnel.
- Prepare panelboard ‘Circuit Directories’ for Project Close-out.
- Back-up drawings and project design info onto CD’s on regularly scheduled basis.
- Updates AutoCAD / BIM estimating schedules that reflect project status.
Education: High school graduate, holder of G.E.D., or equivalent studies/ experience.
Experience: This position requires past AutoCAD / BIM 3-D modeling experience and a high degree of technical knowledge of electrical construction, and computer drafting applications. Strong administrative, computer (Word & Excel), and communications skills.
Location: Noblesville, IN
Job date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 08:36:49 GMT
Click Here To Apply