Job title: Virtual High School English Teacher – Hoosier College and Career Academy – Statewide, IN
Company: Liberty Bank
Job description: Job Title
Virtual High School English Teacher – Hoosier College and Career Academy
Insight School of Indiana is becoming Hoosier College and Career Academy this summer to provide career pathways and dual credit to our students.
Our New Mission: The mission of the Hoosier College and Career Academy is to provide personalized, virtual learning opportunities to all Indiana students regardless of circumstances and abilities.
Our New Vision:
Through virtual platforms, research-based academic standards, and meaningful partnerships, we will prepare today’s learners for tomorrow’s ever-changing career and academic opportunities.
Join with us in helping students in grades 7-12 reach their true potential and enjoy teaching from the comfort and safety of your home! Signing bonuses are available for some positions.
Hoosier College and Career Academy
The Virtual High School English Teacher will plan, carry out, evaluate, teach, and supervise instructional lessons and activities in a high school English class through Blackboard Connect, the virtual classroom. The teacher will also be responsible for small groups and daily monitoring of school’s universal screener programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Devote your undivided attention to HCCA students and families during operating hours from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, with a 30- minute lunch break
- Learn the K12 curriculum in its entirety for assigned grade levels
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Indiana Academic Standards and how both align to the K12 curriculum
- Annually map and review grade level/subject area content to ensure the K12 curriculum is aligned to the Indiana Academic Standard.
- Understand the overall diversity of assigned families and individual characteristics of students/parents; specifically, how this impacts support needed
- Create and develop weekly lesson plans
- Collaborate with grade-level/department team, administration, Interventionists, Special Education teachers, and Instructional Coaches to support student success
- Support parents with student curricular and instructional issues
- Monitor student academic progress and attendance daily
- Collect and analyze data on student progress for records and data meetings
- Participate in grade level/department data meetings
- Create action steps based on student data
- Form and maintain data-driven small group sessions for re-teaching and enrichment of content.
- Communicate grades/progress with students, Learning Coaches, and appropriate staff by e-mail, phone, and in course announcements
- Prepare students for state standardized testing
- Attend IEP meetings as required
- Utilize the TAP Teacher Evaluation rubric as a guide for effective instruction
- Fulfill any other duties as assigned by administration
- Bachelor’s degree AND
- Three (3) years of experience teaching at the high school level preferred AND
- Dual Credit certification preferred
- Meet requirements for Highly Qualified Teacher (HQT) in subject area under No Child Left Behind (NCLB)
- Certificates and Licenses: Appropriate state teaching certification for HS English, 9-12.
In return for your hard work, Hoosier College and Career Academy offers an attractive combination of salary and outstanding benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience and education level.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 07:47:24 GMT
Click Here To Apply