The primary focus for this position is to ensure that Zero Waste Recycling stores, moves and handles hazardous or non-hazardous materials in a safe and compliant manner, all while being as efficient as possible.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Operates various hand tools to ensure correct sizing of material for processing.
- Performs a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor.
- Oversees the process of moving and distributing materials from one location to another and may be involved in the process of extracting and loading material to be transported.
- Maintains a clean job site: picks up all tools and equipment and secures job site each day to eliminate potential hazards.
- Identifies, transports, packs, removes and disposes of materials.
- Must follow safety procedures and regulations, including wearing special protective gear and disposing of materials as required by law.
- Sorts materials, such as metals, glass, wood, paper or plastics into appropriate containers for recycling.
- Sort metals to separate high-grade metals such as copper, brass and aluminum for recycling.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Results Driven.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Attention to detail
- Organizational abilities.
Benefits and Compensation
We offer great benefits to our employees, and they increase over time:
- $600 Sign-in bonus: $100 after 30 days, $200 after 60 days, $300 after 90 days.
- $600 Referral bonus: $300 for you and someone you bring to work for us, after their 90 days of employment.
- Climate controlled, clean work environment.
- Friendly and collaborative work environment.
- Overtime available (1.5 times your pay rate).
- Room for growth, we promote from within.
After 90 daysof employment you get:
- Health, vision, dental and life insurance after 90 days.
- ESOP Retirement plan, at no cost to you.
- Employee assistance program.
For every year of employment to get:
- 5 days of paid time off.
- Full time
- Monday through Friday. Some Saturdays and Sundays required and paid as overtime.
- Three shift options available: 1st (7:00 am – 3:30 pm), 2nd (3:30 pm – 12:00 am) or 3rd Shift (10:30 pm – 7:00 am)
Physical Demands / Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
Work Location: One location