Find Your Opportunity!
Warehouse Order Selector, 3 or 4 day work week!
Dollar General is Now Hiring at the Bethel, PA Distribution Center!
Up to $22 / hour to start PLUS Incentive Bonuses!
Dollar General offers weekly pay, health, dental, vision, 401k, paid time off plus tuition-free degree and secondary education programs to you and your immediate family!
To apply, text DGWAREHOUSE to 25000
Reference Req ID#64970 in the subject line of the email
The employee would be responsible for the expedient and accurate handling of merchandise into and/or out of the warehouse facility. General warehouse duties occur within the assigned area of warehouse operations, but position supports all areas of the warehouse as needed.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties are not limited to but include the following:
- Moves incoming or outgoing merchandise throughout the distribution center by hand, hand truck, or forklift equipment
- Checks, verifies and audits merchandise to ensure that ordered merchandise has been received and that merchandise is as ordered and not damaged or defective; enters data into remote data terminal.
- Identifies, separates, labels, and palletizes merchandise
- Replenishes pick areas as identified by replenishment reports and various requests for merchandise.
- Fills merchandise orders from stores by selecting and moving merchandise from pick slot to rolling container or tote
- Loads outgoing merchandise from conveyor and/or four-wheel truck into trailer.
- Reports damages and/or vendor compliance issues to supervisor
- Meets safety, productivity and quality standards.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Communication skills sufficient to communicate with co-workers; to understand and provide directions; to respond to management inquiries; and to make entries on reports and records
- Basic knowledge of simple math concepts
- Ability to use a Radio Frequency Unit
- Basic knowledge of use and operations of motorized merchandise movement equipment
- Ability to maintain annual or biannual certification requirements
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Experience working in an automated distribution center preferred
- Experience with warehouse management systems applications preferred
- Continuous lifting of merchandise up to 65 pounds on a regular basis, and occasional team lifting of merchandise up to 85 lbs.
- Continuous walking, including long distances and up and down stairs
- May work at heights up to 30 feet above ground
- Standing, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, reaching, pushing and pulling using hands and/or arms on a repetitive basis above and below the shoulder level
- May work continuously up to 12 hours
- Exposure to extreme heat and cold conditions as well as dust and noise
About Dollar General Corporation
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day! by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 18,566 stores in 47 states as of July 29, 2022. Learn more about Dollar General at dollargeneral.com.
Serving others is our mission. Make it yours.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $22.00 per hour
Work Location: One location