The ReDCo Group
Job title: Youth Mentor ReDCo BHS
Company: The ReDCo Group
Job description: $2000 HIRING BONUS
Are you interested in working with a company that values people and has a passion for service? Do you want to become part of an organization that cares about your personal and professional growth? If you have answered YES to these questions, then you should consider working for The ReDCo Group!
The ReDCo Group, is one of the largest providers of accessible, outcome-based behavioral/mental health and intellectual disabilities services in the state of Pennsylvania. At The ReDCo Group, we deliver exceptional value by creating healthier communities through the work of exceptional people. Our more than 700 employees provide the highest-quality home- and community-based human services in 9 counties in the state of Pennsylvania.
A person in this class functions under the working title SEED Mentor and is considered to be in the New Hire Stage. The positions is required to completed all new hire trainings, submit paperwork in a timely fashion, complete shadowing hours with current SEED Mentor II or higher, and upon completion of all onboarding activities will move in to a SEED Mentor I position in timeframe within 30 days of hire. This positions functions under the direct supervision of the SEED Mentoring Director. The work that is performed is a team approach and involves direct knowledge of child developmental milestones.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide training and support to assist individual in the development of healthy communication skills to better express needs, desires, and build a positive relationship with peers, family, and community
- Provide outreach and engagement to enhance the client’s participation in the community
- Teach Self-help, self-improvement, and community integration skills
- Teach money management skills and life skills such as accessing services, and applying for employment or higher education
- Provide a positive role model for adolescents that are referred to services through CYS
- Connect adolescents to community engagement opportunities and after school activities to increase self-esteem, reduce truancy and drug use, and improve connection to positive outlets
- Offer support and encouragement to clients
- Assists individuals with realistic goal setting and attainment
- Acts as temporary support system to individuals involved with Children and Youth services but that remain in their home setting
- Incorporates self-help techniques into daily living experiences and problem solving activities.
- Role modeling adaptive styles of behavior, with emphasis on developing a healthy lifestyle and supports
- Completes all required documentation in a timely, legible fashion, according to agency policy, including recovery goal plans, encounters, progress notes, monthly reports for Children and Youth.
- Participates in staff meetings and treatment team meetings, offering relevant input and feedback and accepting such from the team.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is responsible for supervising client activity and ensuring that participation in community or group activities are supervised per the guidelines provided through Children and Youth services to ensure the safety and well-being of the children involved.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position requires daily travel and the majority of work time is spent in the community or client homes.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent with 2 experience working with children
- Associates degree and 1 year experience working with children
- Bachelor’s degree
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working with directly with children and families, providing services involving case management, knowledge of child development, motivational interviewing techniques, and family systems preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must have valid PA driver’s license with clean driving record
- Language Skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to implement plans established for families and relate to individuals in a positive and empathetic manner. Ability to supervise visits and respect parent rights. Ability to read, understand, and abide by all policies and procedures for agency and program.
- Mathematical Skills
Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as simple addition and time keeping. Ability to read medication logs and medication labels to ensure resident adherence to prescribed medications.
- Reasoning Ability
Ability to define problems, and perform required job duties during emergency situations. Ability to evaluate a crisis or abusive/neglectful situation and determine most appropriate form of intervention i.e. mobile crisis, 911, Childline report
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
- Mentoring skills
- Ability to work as team member
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
The ReDCo Group is committed to creating the best possible work environment for our team members and offers the following total rewards package:
- Training, Development and Continuing Education Credits for licensure requirements
- Opportunities for advancement! As we grow, you grow with us!
The ReDCo Group is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.
Location: Pottsville, PA
Job date: Thu, 18 May 2023 07:54:39 GMT
Click Here To Apply